TITLE: Live-In Advisor
DATE POSTED: 7/20/2023
STATUS: Full Time Salaried M-F Days
The ideal candidate for this position will be a person or couple that will live at the Gospel TLC. Included will be free room and board (meals) for this position.
As a Live-In Advisor in our all-male facility, you will play a vital role in our ministry to take individuals who are struggling with addiction and brokenness and help them have victory through Jesus Christ and find success in all areas of their lives as they are reintegrated into their communities.
As a part of Gospel TLC, you will be part of a new mission, assisting in opening our facility and creating an environment that is safe, positive, and inspirational for all those that are residents, volunteers, and employees.
Specifically for this position, we are looking for a self-motivated individual who, under the direction of the Executive Director, will maintain a safe home environment for our residents, consistent with our culture and code of conduct, while providing support and hospitality to our residents.
The following list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive but will include:
Create and maintain an intentional, faith-based, healthy, healing community.
Enforce code of conduct inside facility while maintaining confidentiality, professionalism and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Provide support for resident’s needs.
- Maintain secure entry & conduct property searches per Gospel TLC policy.
- Perform breathalyzer assessments and drug screens per Gospel TLC policy.
- Complete check-in process for residents in a manner that makes each resident feel welcomed.
Maintain thorough documentation and communication as necessary to create a fluent experience for each resident between different areas of their program.
- Help residents navigate through adverse circumstances quickly and safely.
Back up for general duties as assigned (i.e. cleaning, meal prep, property maintenance, etc.).
- High school degree/GED
- 2-3 years leadership experience preferred
- Previous experience working with people in transitional life center situations preferred
- Mature Christian in agreement with GTLC’s faith statement
- Strong interpersonal and critical thinking skills
- Proven ability to navigate crisis in a calm and professional manner
- Computer Skills (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Current driver’s license